Favourite pieces from LJ, Scarves&Coffee, and ff.net. For tumblr fics a.k.a drabbles, please check myfic rec tag!
I’m working on a more organized fic tag here
Blackbird by NotUnusual ~70,000 words
- Blaine had certain expectations of his new school. Kurt Hummel was not one of them.
Once Upon… by neaf ~53,400 words
- Kurt Hummel loves New York, loves his job and his life in the city, but while everybody around him is lost in the fairytale of love, Kurt’s alone. That is, until the night the world drops an actual fairytale right in his lap.
Little Numbers by iknowitainteasy ~30,000 words
- Blaine sends a text message to a wrong number by accident. Things progress from there.
Go your own way by Zavocado ~187,000 words
- Kurt Hummel just wants to get through his Junior Year at McKinley in one piece. But when the new guy from Dalton Academy Reform School for Boys takes an alarming interest in him, he’s certain he’s going to be in for a wild ride.
How to lose a guy in 10 days by glitterandpaws ~34,000 words
- (Based on the plot of ‘How to lose a guy in 10 days’) Kurt is an up-and-coming fashion designer on the brink of hitting it big, when he’s presented with the possibility of having his newest collection showcased during fashion week. The committee is torn between Kurt and Sebastian for the slot, and Kurt must make someone fall in love with him in ten days order to be in the show, but that’s not the only deal he makes. Meanwhile, Blaine is a successful journalist, writing under the pseudonym Blair for a women’s magazine as their resident how-to “girl” when he’s roped into writing a piece on “How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days”. When Kurt and Blaine find each other, both of their tasks prove harder than they first appeared.
Breathe Trilogy by anxioussquirrell ~99,800 words
- Pre-Klaine! Blaine gets sexually assaulted. Burt is the one to pick up the pieces. The Hummel-Hudson household is the safe haven.
Together, we are the Oceans by Aelora ~ 110,109 words
- The Warblers get the opportunity to spend the holidays in the Caribbean.
Where there’s smoke by stoney321 ~ 100,000 words + a couple one shots
- Fireman AU, set 7 years after graduation. Kurt is Kurt, except that he never met Blaine Anderson. Blaine grew up in Brooklyn with his mother and firefighter father. Rachel and Kurt have graduated NYADA, Kurt gained a Masters from Tisch, and now they’re in their first post-college apartment together ready to tackle their dreams. Unfortunately, Rachel never learned how to properly cook and almost sets their new house on fire. Enter Dreamy McFirepants.
For You by MoWa ~ 36,000 words
- Cooper’d always been quietly terrified of the day Blaine would fall in love. (Note: Epic Anderbromance and Klaine relationship!!)
Syrup and Honey by heartsmadeofbooks ~ 109,000 words
- AU!Klaine. Kurt Hummel is 25 years old when he finds himself being the owner of the bakery he had been dreaming about his whole life, just in time to sweeten up Blaine Anderson’s days. WIP
Completely, Utterly and 100 % by Polly Chapel ~ 7,500 words
- Blaine and Kurt have lived next door to one another all their lives. They’re best friends. One summer, Kurt goes on an exchange to France, and when he returns Blaine begins to see him in a new light. Nerd/dork!Blaine.
Lying and Falling in Love: An Experiment by whenidance ~ 21,500 words
- The rumor-filled, totally false account of how I ruined my flawless reputation. When a false rumor spreads around Dalton and Crawford about Blaine losing his virginity to a guy from Westerville Community College, Blaine Anderson tries to let it roll off his back, but when his friends start coming to him for popularity makeovers and Kurt Hummel transfers to Dalton, he gets a bit in over his head. (S2 AU, Easy A inspired, Blaine-centric)
The Outlaw Blaine Anderson by goddamnwrite ~42,000 words
- Kurt Hummel, lonely shop-keep filled with dreams of escape, meets a stranger in the midst of the Wild West. And then gets taken on an adventure - whether he likes it or not.
Literal Liminality by idoltina ~15,700 words
- A literal play on ‘You move me, Kurt.’ Kurt works for his father’s moving company while his father recovers from a heart attack and is set with the task to move one Blaine Anderson into his first apartment.
The Symphony Verse by shandyall 4 parts
Interludes ~ 40,000 words
- Blaine has spent most of his life feeling like the only thing people notice about him is that he stutters. He’s working hard to overcome his (mostly self created) roadblocks when he meets Kurt in an online class the summer after his freshman year of college.
Overtures ~72,000 words
- After months of online flirtation, Kurt and Blaine have finally managed to get together in “real life.” But will Blaine’s lingering insecurities and Kurt’s plans to study abroad jeopardize their relationship before it even has a chance to begin?
Crescendos ~76,000 words
- Kurt and Blaine’s semester apart began with Kurt getting on a plane and ends with “Poophead missed you.” Now find out what happens in between. This is the story of the sadness, the shenanigans, the jubilation, the tears, the flash drive, the gambling, the croissants, the sit-ups, the emails, the drinking and the Matt-ness of it all.
Staccatos WIP ~55,000 words
- The highs and lows of the boys, and their myriad of friends, during the two years they all grow up. Some grow apart, others grow together, and everyone grows to love D.Marshall.
Until my dying breath by emiliandadarling ~140,000 words
- Vampire!Kurt AU. On his way home from campus to his apartment on the Upper East Side, Blaine Anderson happens to come across a beautiful young man with bewitching blue eyes. It doesn’t take long, though, for everything Blaine thought was real to fall to pieces. For his world to dissolve into a twisted dance of fear and heat and blood.
Non- AUs, Future-Fics
Little Book of Facts by busybee65~9,900 words
- Kurt buys a book full of facts and decides to see if some of them are true. Blaine, somewhat unknowingly, helps him.
Extended Families by imaginentertain ~ 5,200 words
- Blaine has an interesting relationship with his boyfriend’s father
Lovesong by preciousmellow ~61,500 words
- Despite everything, everything they’ve gone through in the past five months, nothing’s changed. Kurt and Blaine are still KurtandBlaine and they always will be. No matter how many rusted pipes they have to take to the head, nothing can break what they have. Ever.
If there’s hellfire, he’s totally down with that by villagestories ~24,000 words
- He and Kurt aren’t perfect, sure, but they’re certainly not hellfire-bound, either. Or: a glorified five times (seven times?) fic to the tune of the Seven Deadly Sins.
Singing the Journey by Wintercreek ~ 81,500 words
- Blaine takes a job as Music Director at a Unitarian Universalist church to pay for grad school. Kurt is uncomfortable with this but finds his own way of fitting it into their lives. A story of liberal religion, complex relationship negotiation, family, music, marriage and a year in the lives of Kurt and Blaine.
Truth or Dare by coiffedandcurly ~7,000 words
- Kurt and Blaine play a game of Truth or Dare courtesy of Cosmo magazine. What starts off quite silly quickly takes a turn for the sexy.
Rules of Play by rainjoyswriting ~ 4,500 words
- Blaine trying to talk to Kurt about sex in the most dorky Blaine-ish way possible.
Friday Night at the Hudmels by commenalitys ~ 7,500 words
- Finn notices Blaine is always around for family dinners and pushes for Rachel to be allowed to come as well. Cue Rachel trying to compete with Blaine to be the perfect dinner guest. Shenanigans of sorts ensue.
Trying to find the in-betweens by missgoalie75 ~ 5,900 words
- Blaine asks Santana to talk to the jazz band one day, the next they’re having a heart-to-heart under the bleachers.
- Of losing and loss, and the fact that Pavarotti dies on Monday but is only buried on Sunday. And also of gaining.
Dalton by CP Coulter ~418,400 words
- Kurt begins an entirely new chapter in his life at Dalton Academy for Boys. Blaine, Wes, David and the boys of Windsor House make his life, for better or worse, far more eventful than he imagined.
(Def)inition by hedgerose ~70,500
- Blaine A. is marked at age 15 by his parents as Defective when they find out that he’s gay. When he’s 26, his contract is purchased by Kurt Hummel, a twenty-something fashion designer who lives in New York with Quinn F., his first Def, and her daughter Beth Hummel. But Kurt may have gotten in over his head with Blaine, who is far more damaged by his years as a Def than Kurt expects— he’s certainly not the competent, professional personal assistant that Kurt thought he had hired. Can Blaine reclaim himself and gain a place in the world, or is he too broken to fix?